On February 10th 2020, Maxim Integrated officially released MAXM17712/17720/17724 for mass production – Integrated 4V-60V, 150mA, Himalaya uSLIC Power Module DC-DC Converters with 50mA Linear Regulator.
The MAXM17712/17720/17724 are new members of MAXM17710-MAXM17726 family of dual output regulators integrating a high-efficiency 150mA synchronous step-down DC-DC converter and a high PSRR, low noise, 50mA linear regulator into uSLIC™ power module. These modules operate from a wide input voltage range 4V-60V and able to deliver up to 150mA from switching regulator output and up to 50mA from linear regulator. MAXM17712 offers fixed 3.3V, MAXM17720 – fixed 5V and MAXM17724 – adjustable output voltage from DC-DC convertor output. Output of DC-DC convertor serves as the input for linear regulator that is also offers fixed voltage depending on product option: MAXM17712 – 1.8V, MAXM17720 – 3.3V, MAXM17724 – 2.5V. Other options with different combinations of output voltages will be released later on. These modules significantly reduce design complexity, manufacturing risks, offering a true plug-and-play power supply solution, reducing time to market.
Creating a design and simulation is available with Maxim EE-Sim® tools. For fast evaluation Maxim Integrated also offers Evaluation Kits.
Other product features include:
- Fixed soft-start 5.1ms (typ) for DC-DC and 1.1ms (typ) for linear regulator to reduce input inrush current
- Internal inductor and compensation
- ±2% FB accuracy for DC-DC and ±1.3% accuracy for linear regulator output
- All Ceramic capacitors and compact layout
- Selectable PWM/PFM mode for DC-DC regulator
- 2.5uA shutdown current, 70uA no-load supply current
- Power Good output
- Programmable EN/UVLO threshold
- Hiccup overcurrent and overtemperature protection
- -40°C to +125°C Ambient operating temperature
- Low-profile, compact 10-pin uSLIC package (2.6mm x 3mm x 1.35mm)
Target application areas:
- Industrial Sensors
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- HVAC and Building Control
- LDO Replacement