The MAX22088 Homebus transceiver complies with the Homebus standard, where data and power are passed on one single pair of wires, while minimizing the need for external components. It eliminates the large external AC-blocking inductor typically required in bus powered applications and improves the signal quality to allow longer cables. In addition, the MAX22088 features an integrated 5V linear regulator to power system loads up to 70mA (max). For system loads more than 70 mA, it supports an external DC-DC converter.
The MAX22088 supports passing power and data with speed up to, and exceeding, 200kbps.
- Dynamic cable termination to improve the signal quality for applications with high data rates
- Adjustable receiver hysteresis, receiver thresholds and driver slew rate
- Switched cable termination
- Integrated protection (IEC 61000-4-2 ±8kV Contact and ±15kV Air-Gap ESD)
- Thermal shutdown protection
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- Compact 24-pin 4mm x 4mm TQFN package
- Data over Power Applications
- Digital Signage
- Remote Monitoring and Sensing
For customer evaluation of the MAX22088, Maxim Integrated offers the Evaluation Kit MAX22088EVKIT# that represents a proven design demonstrating full functionality of the product in complete Homebus application.