On September 11th 2020, Maxim Integrated officially released the MAX20710 for mass production - a fully integrated, highly efficient switching regulator with PMBus™.
This single-chip regulator provides extremely compact, high efficiency power-delivery solutions with high-precision output voltages and excellent transient response for networking, datacom, and telecom equipment. It also is footprint compatible with MAX20730.
The MAX20710 IC offers a broad range of programmable features through either the PMBus™ or a capacitor and resistor connected to a dedicated programming pin. Using this feature, the operation can be optimized for a specific application, reducing the component count and/or setting appropriate trade-offs between the regulator’s performance and system cost.
- Positive and negative cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection
- Overtemperature protection
- Input undervoltage lockout
- Differential remote sense with open-circuit detection
- Status pin indicating that output voltage is within range and the system is regulating
The MAX20710 IC comes in a 4.15mm x 6mm 15-pin FC2QFN package, having operating temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
- Communications Equipment
- Networking Equipment
- Servers and Storage Equipment
- Point-of-Load Voltage Regulators
- μP Chipsets
- I/O modules
Customer can evaluate the MAX20710 voltage regulator IC using the MAX20710EVKIT# Evaluation Kit offered by Maxim. The Kit represents a fully assembled and tested PCB implementation serving as a reference platform with ease of use for a wide range of applications.Get your Datasheet for the new MAX20710 [PDF]