The MAX38902E is low-noise linear regulator that delivers up to 500mA of output current with only 14μV RMS of output noise from 10Hz to 100kHz. This regulator maintains ±1% output accuracy over a wide input voltage range, requiring only 100mV of input-to-output headroom at full load. The 600µA no-load supply current is independent of dropout voltage. Output voltage of MAX38902E is resistor-adjustable in the range of 0.8V to 5.0V, input voltage range is 1.7V to 5.5V.
In addition device have following features:
- Active-low POK output
- Enable input (<0.1uA supply current in shutdown mode)
- Programmable output soft-start rate
- Output over-current and thermal overload protection
- Output-to-Input reversed current protection
The MAX38902E is offered in an 8-pin TDFN package (2 x 2 mm), operating temperature range -40°C to +125°C.
MA38902E product is targeted for applications that need low-noise power source, small solution size and optimized performance, f.e. :
- Audio systems
- Communication circuitry
- High-resolution DAS (Data Acquisition Systems)