Maxim Integrated officially released for mass production MAX38640A-MAX38643B product – first member of MAX3864x nanoPower family of buck DC-DC converters. MAX38640 buck DC-DC converter offers ultra-low 330nA quiescent current consumption operating from 1.8V to 5.5V input voltage and supports output current up to 175 mA with peak efficiency of 96%. Current consumption in shutdown mode is only 5 nA. Due to these features (ultra-low quiescent current, small total solution size, high efficiency) MAX38640A is ideal for battery applications where long battery life is a must.
Output voltage of MAX38640A product is adjustable from 0.7V to 3.3V with single resistor connected to RSEL pin and has ±1.75% accuracy.
Following protection features implemented: Reverse-current blocking in shutdown mode and Active Discharge. MAX38640A-MAX38643Bis specified for operation at temperatures from -40°C to +85°C. Currently MAX38640A product is available in 6-pin WLP package (2x3mm, 0.4mm pitch) – OPN MAX38640AENT+. Other products of MAX3864x nanoPower Buck Converter family are expected to be released later on.
Additional features to be added with new products in a family include:
- Max. load current options of 175mA, 350mA and 700mA
- 0.5V to 5.0V preprogrammed output voltage
- No Active discharge feature
- 6-pin 2x2mm uDFN package
- Portable Space-Constrained Consumer Products
- Wearable devices, Ultra-Low-Power IoT, NB-IoT, and BLE
- Single Li-ion and Coin-cell battery-powered products
- Wired, Wireless, Industrial Products